1. We officially have only 4 more “wake-ups” for this school year! Enough said. 🙂
2. As you already know, I LOVE using QR Codes with my little friends…pretty much every day…so today my freebie is a QR code activity that is super fun! Oh, but don’t worry, there is a non-QR code version included in this freebie too, for those of you without any sort of scanning device (they just won’t be checking their answer)! I did this activity both directly on the printed page and on our MacBooks. My little friends read each sentence, highlighted the words with silent e and digraphs and then answered the comprehension question about each sentence. They then scanned the QR code to check their comprehension question response. So fun! I love this activity because they are reading, finding specific types of words, answering comprehension questions AND using QR codes!
3. To go along with this freebie, I also have a pack of these QR Codes with a focus on long vowels with silent e, r controlled vowels and digraphs. I created these as individual task cards where each student can choose a card and then read the sentence, make a list of the specific kind of words, answer a comprehension question about the sentence and then scan the QR code to check their answer. QR codes just make practicing reading skills that much more exciting! My little friends completed their recording sheets for each task card on their MacBooks, but you can just print out the recording sheet and have them complete it with pencil. They had to search for a specific word that followed the focus skill of each task card in order to answer the comprehension question for each sentence. I was super impressed with how well they read the sentence and answered the questions because even though the answer was right there in the sentence, reading to find specific information can be a real challenge for my little friends!
You can check out this set of QR code fun here! Oh and those super cute frames both in the freebie and in this pack are from the amazing girls over at Collaboration Cuties (thank you girls!). I absolutely love all their creations!
4. We eat lots and lots of produce in our house. I love to make new healthy recipes using fresh vegis and I just love to eat fresh fruit. No question though, I also like plenty of non-produce items too, especially french fries… 🙂 Anyway, since we eat so much produce, I was thrilled to find these reusable produce bags in the Dollar Spot at Target! (oh my word, do I ever love the Target Dollar Spot- so many goodies in there for so cheap!) We have brought our own grocery bags to the store for awhile, but had been using the plastic produce bags grocery stores provide all this time and now we don’t have to- we have our very own non-plastic produce bags- yay! You are probably like, ‘Really? That’s one of your 5 for Friday random things about you??’ But it’s the little things in life, right? 🙂
5. We are finally done with F&P testing (yay!) and I just loved what one of the little kindergartner’s response was to one of the comprehension questions. One of the early leveled readers is called Our Teacher Mr. Brown and it’s all about a child’s experience at school. Then the question is “Why is Mr. Brown a good teacher?” And this kindergartner’s response was, “…because he always has a smile and helps the kids.” I thought it was so sweet and it put a big smile on myface! It was so nice to hear this little friend pinpoint what we as teachers are always trying to do- be happy and help kids! 🙂
Have a great day!
Providing resources and support to engage all readers.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.